Reading, UK. February 11, 2020 – NetMotion, the experts in mobile security, performance and operational intelligence, today revealed details about a deployment with UK energy supplier EDF. After conducting a successful pilot, EDF rolled out NetMotion’s complete platform, ensuring that field technicians are better connected and better equipped to meet the needs of UK customers.
With around 4.9 million accounts across the UK, EDF is driven to improve the ways it serves and engages with consumers. Too often, field technicians faced numerous issues when responding to customers, including dropped cellular connections, constant re-authentications, security patches, network access issues and many more. To remedy the situation, the utility launched an extensive pilot program in 2018, resulting in broad deployment.
After adopting NetMotion’s Mobility and Mobile IQ platform, EDF was able to:
- Make field technicians more efficient – connectivity improved, allowing technicians to stay connected for much longer periods and not have to constantly reconnect.
- Offer an improved level of customer service – with connectivity no longer dropping in certain areas and technicians empowered with all of the information required, customers were dealt with more quickly.
- Reduce the amount of IT support tickets raised by field technicians associated to connectivity
- Immediately identify network issues – in the event of outage, EDF would have the ability to immediately identify if the issue was network connectivity or something else.
- Vastly improve device visibility and health – EDF’s IT team were able to monitor devices in the field closely for battery or connectivity problems and update quickly with security patches. Lone workers were also better protected.
Prior to the adoption of NetMotion’s technology, some technicians on the doorstep faced challenges when trying to complete installation activities due to connectivity drop-outs. With NetMotion, technicians were able to rely more on their handheld devices to get the job done more efficiently.
“With around 4.9 million accounts across the UK, our ability to deliver a service they can trust in is the most important part of everything we do. We now have a better connected and more efficient team of field technicians who have the tools they need to deliver the level of customer service EDF is known and respected for.”Barry Adley
Smart Meter Install Director, EDF in the UK
“For a major utility company like EDF, connectivity is so crucial in everything they do – responding quickly and sufficiently to the needs of their customers is a must. After a successful pilot and initial roll-out, we’ve continued to scale up our work with EDF and consistently demonstrated the many benefits we offer. As we enter AMP7, utility companies are now considering the best ways to deliver more for their customers, and that’s exactly what we’re helping our customers in the utilities sector to do.”Achi Lewis
EMEA Director, NetMotion Software
About NetMotion Software
NetMotion gives IT teams the ability to monitor, alert and dynamically make decisions about the devices and applications connected to cellular and Wi-Fi networks outside the protection of the corporate firewall. Thousands of companies around the world rely on NetMotion every day to keep remote workers productive and secure, on any device, anywhere.
For more information about NetMotion Software, please visit: www.netmotionsoftware.com.
+44 (0) 1753 656 661