Mobile VPNs have become a technology stack cornerstone for enterprise IT teams that are tasked with supporting mobile workers. But with so many similar products emerging in a crowded market, it has become increasingly difficult to distinguish which VPN best fulfills an organization’s specific needs. However, as an industry leader in the mobility space (for nearly two decades), NetMotion is uniquely positioned to offer relevant insights.
The 3 Best Mobile VPNs for Enterprises in 2019
The best mobile VPNs on the market nowadays have adopted a handful of core functions that allow mobile workers to have a seamless experience, including:
- Application Persistence
- Seamless Network Roaming
- Application Compatibility
- Data Acceleration
- Multi-Factor Authentication
And while most mobile VPNs offer similar basic functionality, a handful have risen to the top of the pack in recent years by providing excellent service and investing heavily in addressing the needs of business users.
1) VyprVPN for Business
VyprVPN is an established provider in the VPN space and has offered a stable consumer product since the days of dial-up. With a network of 70 servers spread around the globe, VyprVPN for Business offers quality connectivity that is suitable for many enterprise users.
But where VyprVPN for Business really shines is in its bundled features, including:
- Chameleon: a proprietary service which allows users to conceal that they are using a VPN while browsing the Internet.
- Server Switching: functionality that allows users to easily switch between server locations, provided at no additional cost.
- NAT Firewall: an extra layer of protection blocks all unrequested inbound traffic while the VPN is connected, provided at not additional cost.
- Unlimited Usage: there are no restrictions or download caps for business users.
2) NordVPN Business
NordVPN is internationally regarded as one of the most well-rounded consumer VPNs on the market and it has recently started offering an enterprise solution: NordVPN Business. With more than 5,000 servers worldwide, NordVPN Business has positioned itself as one of the best options for remote areas where other providers simply don’t offer service at all.
NordVPN Business includes many of the most popular enterprise features, including:
- Dedicated Account Manager: a primary point of contact with expertise specifically tailored by industry.
- Transferable License Options: VPN licenses can easily be transferred to different users and devices in case of personnel changes.
- Dedicated IP Addresses: each individual VPN user is assigned a dedicated IP address for stable access to various services and databases.
3) NetMotion Mobility
NetMotion Software delivers the best mobile VPN for most enterprise environments. Purpose-built from the ground up to deliver connectivity for mobile workforces – not adapted from consumer use – NetMotion Mobility is easy to deploy and even easier to manage.
Mobility provides the greatest flexibility for enterprises who are seeking end-to-end seamless connectivity for mobile workers, including:
- Traffic Optimization: a proprietary optimization system prioritizes mission-critical application traffic (like voice and video) to deliver uninterrupted service when it’s needed most.
- Off-the-Shelf MDM Integrations: Mobility can be deployed with many of the industry-leading mobile device management platforms, including MobileIron and MaaS360.
- Flexible Hosting Options: NetMotion offers server space on-premise, in the cloud, or virtually, allowing enterprises to adjust the VPN service to fit their own specific needs.
- Network Switching: from WiFi to cellular and even satellite, NetMotion Mobility maintains the VPN connection across networks to keep workers connected and productive (even in outer space).
- Advanced User Management: With Adaptive Policies, enterprises can fine-tune the mobile user experience by setting rules that restrict specific applications at certain times of the day to maximize productivity.
- 24/7 Support: Critical incident support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year from a team of highly-qualified mobility experts.