5 Key Takeaways from IWCE 2016
Last week’s IWCE event was full of lively discussions and great information!
We caught up with Joe Savarese and Steve Fallin after the show and wanted to share a few of their key takeaways with our readers. We hope you will join us in this important conversation because this is only the beginning; stay tuned for ongoing discussions on how to prepare for FirstNet.
- The FirstNet RFP has been issued; bidding will start in May and FirstNet decisions will be made in November.
- While there is broad agreement about FirstNet’s high-level goals, there are many differing opinions regarding the details. Pinning down those details is largely dependent on who wins the RFP.
- The FirstNet RFP requires support for a mobile VPN, and NetMotion Mobility® already satisfies all the requirements (and more).
- If you’ve already moved to a public carrier’s LTE system and have solved the roaming and application persistence problems, moving to FirstNet will probably be a non-event for you (except for having to purchase band 14 modems).
- FirstNet will compete directly with wireless carrier networks. Competition will drive innovation and result in a stronger solution for the public safety community.
For more information, download the NetMotion FirstNet Solution Brief.
- Rethinking agile working in finance post vaccine
- Microsoft Teams and NetMotion, a powerhouse combination
- NetMotion & Zebra announce official validation of joint solution for distributed workforces
- Successful law firms will boast an agile workforce empowered by smart remote access technology
- Inside NetMotion – Co-op student Emmanuel Ekanem